FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Four-Time GRAMMY® Nominated Producer and DJ Steve “Silk” Hurley Now Featured on MashUpFM Worldwide
CHICAGO, Illinois, June 1, 2016 — In 1994, when the emerging producer, DJ and House Music Pioneer Steve “Silk” Hurley was approached by Radio Icon Tom Joyner to become his on-air mix DJ for the launch of his syndicated show, Silk was elated. But neither of them knew that history was being made. Silk proposed doing The Old Skool New Skool Mix, a new format of mixing where a new song or composition is created by blending two or more songs, but in a very musical way. The two songs would be from distinctly different genres and eras of music, but would still generate a harmonious blend. This style of mixing is now referred to as a “Mashup.”
For the past 22 years, Steve “Silk” Hurley’s mashups have been featured on the Tom Joyner Morning Show, a syndicated national radio show boasting over 8 million listeners in 115 markets every week. His Old Skool/New Skool Mixes were heard every Tuesday and Thursday morning, and have been supported by millions of loyal listeners. Many of these listeners have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to obtain complete access to these mixes at their own leisure.
Silk is now making this a possibility by finally launching his highly anticipated Internet Radio Station, MashUpFM. He will now be able to continue bringing his unique brand of mixing to the masses, on a more global level, 24 hrs per day. MashUp FM will present fans of Steve “Silk” Hurley as well as fans of other popular DJ’s with the opportunity to access and eventually purchase their favorite mashups.
What many of Hurley’s Mashup fans don’t know is that this 4-time GRAMMY® nominated producer and remixer is also one of the main pioneers of Chicago’s House Music genre. “Silk” is responsible for over 50 top 10 hits and sales in the tens of millions. Due to his unparalleled resume of remixes and productions, he has accumulated loyal fans all over the world. Therefore in addition to Mashups, he will also be able to satisfy the musical palettes of house music fans by broadcasting the segment HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG on MashUpFM, presented by S&S Chicago / S&S Records, Inc.
When asked about the prospect of moving on to this new venture, Silk was extremely optimistic. He also expressed that he has nothing but love for The Tom Joyner and the Tom Joyner Morning Show stating, “I’m so grateful that Tom believed in me enough to embrace a style of DJ mixing that was outside of the norm, especially on syndicated radio. Thanks for believing in my dream Tom, and exposing my sound to your great audience since the inception of your show!”
MashUpFM, a division of Silk Entertainment, Inc. was created by four-time GRAMMY® nominated producer and DJ, Steve “Silk” Hurley in 2016. The Chicago, IL based business aims primarily to provide unlimited access to the “mashup” genre of music for an extensive audience. The business seeks to utilize the Internet and CD distribution as channels for reaching its customers.
- GRAMMY® Nominated DJ Steve “Silk” Hurley “Remixes Live” on the new NS6ii - November 3, 2017
- Ralph & Louie – “Our Fans Are What Most Drives Us” - September 29, 2017
- The 4th Annual House Music Block Party Recap - August 31, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley & Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas at SAE Cultural Impact Awards - August 28, 2017
- 11th Annual Global Mixx Game Changer Award Recipients Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas & Steve “Silk”Hurley - August 24, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley Live @ CFP Chicago - August 18, 2017
- Ralph Tresvant – Inside The Ride Radio Show - August 2, 2017
- Various Artist – Ain’t That A Beach Vol.2 - July 18, 2017
- City of Chicago :: Millennium Park – Chicago House Music Party - June 3, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley & Cece Peniston Live @ Chosen Few Music Festival 2017 (Chicago) - May 24, 2017