This is going to be a great year for music as the DREAM aka Terius Nash takes on the soul legend Sam Cooke to bring you his new fresh take on some of our all-time classics. The-Dream releases his 8 song EP titled IAMSAM. It is a compilation of covers of Sam Cooke’s music which is dedicated to his mother who passed away.
Terius Youngdell Nash, better known by his stage name The-Dream, is a GRAMMY Award-winning American singer-songwriter and producer. He was born in Rockingham, North Carolina, The-Dream moved with his mother Reva Nash to Atlanta, Georgia at the age of 2. Reva raised him until her death at the age of 35. After his mothers passing, Dream was raised by his grandfather in the Bankhead section of Atlanta, Georgia. Influenced at a young age by his grandfather’s appreciation of music and the soulful sounds of Sam Cooke and Al Green, Dream enrolled in trumpet classes at Grove Park Elementary School. He continued playing the trumpet throughout high school at Charles L. Harper High and later added to his musical repertoire by learning to play the drums and guitar. His musical influences also broadened to include artists such as Prince, Timbaland, Missy Elliott, Aaliyah and Tupac Shakur. Before officially becoming a musician, Dream made ends meet doing everything from working at Checkers to becoming a collections agent. Dream married girlfriend Nivea in 2004, who later gave birth to their daughter Navy Talia on May 10, 2005. However, Nivea filed for divorce in December 2007. In addition to music, Dream is also an accomplished artist who has created many paintings and sculptures, some of which have been shown at various art galleries throughout Atlanta.
- Randall Dean – Thought About It – S&S Promo Video - April 25, 2017
- Fatman Scoop & Freak Fineman – Freak Somebody - April 19, 2017
- Global Mixx The Workshop HBCU SiriusXM Channel 142 feat. Guest Hosts Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas and Steve “Silk” Hurley - March 27, 2017
- Reach – Attempted Love - March 24, 2017
- S&S Podcast 023 – DJ Jes - March 23, 2017
- S&S Podcast 22 – Maurice Joshua - February 4, 2017
- Jameisha Trice – A Chicago Christmas - December 25, 2016
- S&S Records 2016 - December 19, 2016
- S&S Chicago Podcast 2016 - December 18, 2016
- S&S Podcast 021 – Zeek - December 17, 2016