Danny The Wildchild – “I Like To Restore Vintage Keyboards”
Danny the Wildchild has become one of the most valued drum & bass DJ’s in America. His unique blends of jungle and hiphop beats, amazing scratching and beat juggling consistenly rock heads in every corner of North America. His talents have brought him to perform alongside every major drum & bass DJ you’ve ever heard of, not to mention non dnb acts as well including: Eminem, Method Man, The Jungle Brothers, De La Soul, Moby, MixMaster Mike, and The Pharcyde.
In the studio Danny is a prolific drum & bass producer with years of dancefloor melting experience and a ferocious hunger to spread his original music across the globe. His tunes sound like his DJ sets and are written to be rinsed on the big systems. Check out Danny’s Q&A with S&S below.
S&S: What’s your style of music? How do you describe it?
DTW: Jump up drum & bass… Hard drums, Grimy Basslines and a lot of energy!
S&S: Who or what was most instrumental to you when it came to music?
DTW: The UK Drum & Bass Music/Scene.
S&S: What drives you creatively?
DTW: My Fan’s/Audience, Playing shows in different cities etc…
S&S: How much does your audience influence you and your music selection?
DTW: Same answer as above, It’s all about my audience and gaining new fans!
S&S: What artists or genres do you listen to when you’re not working?
DTW: Being a producer and always having my ear open for sounds to use and sample for my own production. I like to listen to rare grooves, jazz, funk, dancehall/reggae, scratch music, and of course some upfront UK drum & bass from my homies over the pond.
S&S: Do you have any favorite memories of growing up with your family?
DTW: The time my older brother took me to the Chicago 1989 DMC battle to cheer on our friend RICK THE RIPPER. That was the same DMC battle that Chicago’s very own Bad Boy Bill took 3rd place.
S&S: Is there anything you would like people to know about you?
DTW: I like to restore vintage keyboards and repair turntables and DJ mixers etc…
S&S: Are there any charities you are working with or excited to tell us about?
DTW: None at the moment
S&S: Are there any questions that you wish people would ask you?
DTW: Would you like a Ice cold Corona with a lime?
S&S: And on the flip side of that, are there any questions or references you wish people would stop asking or using?
DTW: Being asked what format I’m using tonight. (You playing vinyl or CD’s)
S&S: What artist(s) have you been the most excited to work with?
DTW: Touring Europe with DJ Q-bert in 2002.
S&S: Are there any artists that you dream of working with on a collaboration?
DTW: Too many jump up producers to name on this one.
S&S: What can we look forward to next from you?
DTW: Always working on new production to play at my shows. (DannyDubs)
S&S: What legacy would you like to leave?
DTW: Next generation jump up drum & bass scratch masters!
- Steve “Silk” Hurley NS6ii Numark Exclusive - January 5, 2018
- Steve “Silk” Hurley and Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas “Their movement is powerful, positive and exhilarating” - December 24, 2017
- GRAMMY® Nominated DJ Steve “Silk” Hurley “Remixes Live” on the new NS6ii - November 3, 2017
- Ralph & Louie – “Our Fans Are What Most Drives Us” - September 29, 2017
- The 4th Annual House Music Block Party Recap - August 31, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley & Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas at SAE Cultural Impact Awards - August 28, 2017
- 11th Annual Global Mixx Game Changer Award Recipients Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas & Steve “Silk”Hurley - August 24, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley Live @ CFP Chicago - August 18, 2017
- Ralph Tresvant – Inside The Ride Radio Show - August 2, 2017
- Various Artist – Ain’t That A Beach Vol.2 - July 18, 2017