Chance the Rapper’s Third Mixtape ‘Coloring Book’ is Finally Here
After more than three years, Chance the Rapper finally delivers his third solo mixtape.
Chance The Rapper finally dropped his long-awaited third mixtape Coloring Bookas an Apple Music exclusive. The 14-track project features appearances from Kanye West, Jeremih, Young Thug, Lil Yachty, Justin Bieber, Future, Towkio, Jay Electronica, T-Pain, and more. It includes the Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz-assisted song “No Problem,” which he premiered earlier today on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 Radio Show, “Blessings,” which he performed live on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on May 5, and his previously-released “Angels.”
Chance has been teasing Coloring Book ever since he rapped “He said let’s do a good ass job with Chance 3” on “Ultralight Beam.” He also released the cover art a few weeks ago, and it’s since popped up on billboards and posters in cities around the world. Although he was hospitalized earlier this week for pneumonia, his illness thankfully didn’t delay the project’s release.
It’s been three years since Chance’s last solo mixtape Acid Rap, but even with such an extended wait between projects, Chance has gone to great lengths to boost his profile to unheard of heights for an independent artist. Last year he collaborated with Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment for the critically acclaimed project Surf, which featured the popular track “Sunday Candy.” That was followed by an extensive tour of the United States, an appearance onSaturday Night Live, and perhaps most notably of all, the aforementioned scene-stealing feature on the opening track “Ultralight Beam” from Kanye West’s latest album The Life of Pablo. He even helped spread a petition urging the Grammys to allow free music to be considered for nomination.
You can stream Chance’s new tape Coloring Book below exclusively via Apple Music. You can also check out his Complex cover story along with Hamiltoncreator Lin-Manuel Miranda here, and cop a bunch of brand-new Coloring Bookgear on his website.
- Ralph & Louie – “Our Fans Are What Most Drives Us” - September 29, 2017
- The 4th Annual House Music Block Party Recap - August 31, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley & Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas at SAE Cultural Impact Awards - August 28, 2017
- 11th Annual Global Mixx Game Changer Award Recipients Shannon “DJ Skip” Syas & Steve “Silk”Hurley - August 24, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley Live @ CFP Chicago - August 18, 2017
- Ralph Tresvant – Inside The Ride Radio Show - August 2, 2017
- Various Artist – Ain’t That A Beach Vol.2 - July 18, 2017
- City of Chicago :: Millennium Park – Chicago House Music Party - June 3, 2017
- Steve “Silk” Hurley & Cece Peniston Live @ Chosen Few Music Festival 2017 (Chicago) - May 24, 2017
- The S&S Experience at Sea Interest Survey - May 7, 2017